Sunday, October 7, 2007

That Pampered Chef just blew sunshine up my a....

What is a person to say to their MIL if invited to a Pampered Chef party? No? Not unless you want to be drummed right out of the family.

So I went last night. And I have to say, it was grueling, it was boring, and it was expensive.

I am not a Pamapered Chef devotee, and I only have a few of their things (gifts from the MIL, no less). It seems I am in the minority. Just about every product the sales lady talked about had most of the people jumping up and saying "Have it, Love it!". It was hard to remember that there was only one Pampered Chef salesperson there.

We got the spiel about how durable the products are, and how wonderful they are to use...blah, blah blah.

All of the above may very well be true. But I refuse to buy a frying pan for $150. Goes against my grain. I like my money in the bank making me more money, thank you very much.

But then, there was my MIL (and I DO like my MIL) talking about how she'd really like to make her sales quota and get her host prize. So I bought three things.

I spent $90 for three small things. Not my proudest shopping moment.

There's the chopper I bought for $30. I am sure it will do good things. I was looking to buy one because Aimee still needs her food chopped in small bits. Turthfully, I could have bought this one a while ago - I have needed it. But I am really sure I could have purchased one for - oh, around $15.

Then I got a set of "Prep Pots". These are little dishes that you use to measure out your ingredients beforehand and just dump them in your recipe when you need them. I have no idea why I bought these. I think the pressure was too much for me.

And then there is the fluted pan (it's a Bundt pan, but Bundt has a copyright on the name, so it's a fluted pan). Now, there's no mystery as to why I bought this one: the salesperson emailed me several recipes for 15 minutes cakes. (a cake - fresh baked, in 15 minutes - and from the microwave!! Made me want to jump up and shout "Gotta have it! Love it!") I was hungry for cake, so I went for it.

So there I was, $90 lighter and my MIL is beaming at me. Of course, I was one of the few people who spent under $150. AND I told the sales rep that I did not want to host my own party, thank you very much. But I still ponied up a decent amount, so the MIL was happy.

I really, REALLY hope she doesn't get the bright idea to have one of these parties again.

And if she does, please, pease PLEASE don't invite me!

Oh well. At least they fed us.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Way to stay strong ;)