Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A balancing act

I have to say, I'm nuts about my kid. Aimee is a joy to be around (most of the time, anyway) and watching her grow has made me appreciate the little things so much more. Like... balance.

Aimee's learing to walk. She's not all the way there yet (she still needs your finger for "support"), but it's been so fun to watch her figure it all out.

Balance is the key, and the reason she's not quite there yet. She's going to be a sprinter, I think, and she just doesn't take the time to get her balance before taking off with her Frankenstein-like strides. Just like her Mama - deosn't want to take the time to master the boring little things - she wants the big picture right now!

Having Aimee has made me apprecaite my own "balancing acts" and trade-offs that I make every day. I can either have a really big job, that will give me big props and bring in big bucks, or I can have a great family life and satisfying personal experiences with friends. I am still struggling like Aimee. Why can't I have it all????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.