Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Rocktober!

My Rockies have finally won! Last night the Colorado Rockies swept the Arizona Diamondbacks in game 4 of the NLCS. The final score was 6-4.

At last! My two teams, the Colorado Rockies and the Seattle Mariners, have continually been underdogs and neither team has ever been to a World Series. Until now.

Nevermind that the game started at 8:18 (no, not making that up - that was the posted starting time) and lasted into the wee hours (and I am counting the post-game ballyhoo in this as well).

I was up for it. WAY up for it.

And to think they did this on a shoestring budget. No A-Rod with his $30 million a year (HATE A-Rod; don't even get me started) or rich owner trying to buy a championship ring. These guys are the real thing. And we, as fans, love them for it.

Now we need to work on the Mariners. They almost had it in 2001, let's shoot for 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Knock. Knock. Knock? Thinking about you. K