Thursday, October 4, 2007

Only 28 more years to go...

Today has been hard. Okay, not as hard as it's been for the last few days - I actually don't have too much migraine pain today, but I am so bored I could scream.

Don't get me wrong - mostly I like my job. But I don't LOVE my job like I used to.

Before I had Aimee, I had a really high profile job that kept me travelling and in meetings and conferences usually for 10-12 hours a day. And I loved every hectic minute of it.

I loved interacting with lots of people, being a little higher up on the food chain, and never getting into a rut. Now I am just a financial analyst - at the same desk day sfter day, running the same reports day after day, and butting heads with the same people day...after.....day zzzzzzzzzzz.

Does anyone else feel this way? That getting on the "Mommy Track" is a HUGE step down for their careers? It makes me so sad that many women have to choose: be a great mom or have a great career. You can't have both.

Ah, well. Enough bitching. Better get back to it. Afetr all, there's only 28 more years to go until retirement.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

3 comments:

Mizzz K said...

Sheeee-iiiiite! 28 years? That doesn't sound so bad. Oh. Oh. Oh. Well. Maybe it does I want to segue into charity work or travel or just about anything. I don't want to keep this up.

Curious? How do I exist already to post w/o security from here? Crazier and crazier. GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Mizzz K said...

Oh. Yeah. NO MOMMY TRACK. NO MOMMY TRACK. NO MOMMY TRACK. Sorry, Miss C. You are much braver than I. NO MOMMY TRACK. Heaven help EVERYONE should that ever happen to me. :D

AimeesMom said...

28 years is not so bad, right??? NOT!